This year is definitely one for the record books – Covid-19, murder hornets and a hurricane season that continues to set new records. Impact windows and doors can’t protect you from Covid-19 or murder hornets, but they can definitely protect you from hurricane force winds!
The 2020 Hurricane Season Update
“The Atlantic continued its record-setting pace in September, which is the climatological peak of hurricane season,” the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration reports.
NOAA says the following records were set in September:
- The most storms ever in September: “The 10 named storms that formed in September broke the previous record of eight, which happened in 2002, 2007, and 2010,” they say.
- For the first time in almost 50 years, there were five named storms that were active on a single day (September 14).
- “The season as a whole has produced 23 storms, which puts 2020 six storms ahead of the current record-holder, 2005, through September.”
- “The Accumulated Cyclone Energy (ACE), which measures the strength and duration of tropical storms and hurricanes, is about 20-25% above average.”
With the kind of increased activity and stronger storms that we now see during hurricane season, the Mr. Glass impact windows we install are an excellent investment in your home. Hurricane season will end on Nov. 30, but the impact windows on your Broward County home will continue to offer benefits year-round.
With impact windows from Sanctuary Windows, you will also enjoy:
- Reduced energy bills
- Protection from thieves trying to break into your home
- Noise reduction
- A shield offering protection from the sun’s damaging UV rays
- Your impact windows and doors may even make you eligible to receive a discount on your insurance rates!